Posted by Penny
on March 26, 2013
Here’s a somewhat shameful secret – I only bought my first reusable coffee cup a couple of months ago. I’ve been thinking of it for years, but after a coffee drought lasting a couple of years have tended to only drink coffee IN cafes. However as my coffee intake increases so do my takeaways! I chose a Keep Cup, I’m a sucker for their colour ranges. However some other great options are:
1. Joco Cup in Mint – this bad boy is made of glass, perfect for keeping at the office!
2. Hookturn BYO Cup – Allsorts in pink/black – totally classic corrugated style, I love their new Allsorts range!
3. KeepCup in Twighlight – I actually went with the Starlight colourway, and it’s total love.
Naturally each of these cups have a different environmental impact, but for example Keep Cup estimate using one of their cups will break even in environmental impact with disposable cups after 12 uses. Every time you use your Keep Cup after that 12th use, you’re saving the earth by preventing rubbish going to landfill. Neat! Plus, heaps of cafes give you a discount if you use a Keep Cup.
Uimi Organic Cotton Blanket – Indiana in Navy
It’s getting cold in Melbourne! Time for hugs, hot chocolate, and blankets. Lucky Uimi have (literally) got us covered for gorgeous blankets and scarves!
Uimi Merino Wool scarves – L. Polly in Raspberry, R. Harvey in Black/Snow.
Uimi products are all made in Melbourne using Merino wool for their winter range and organic cotton for their summer range. They’re an amazing company, I love the way that their continued growth has resulted in some beautiful new patterns and colour combinations. You’re going to love them!
Uimi kids blanket in Merino Wool – Polly in Jade.
You can purchase Uimi blankets online and in retail stores from one of their stockists.
PS. Uimi are running a bit of a competition, closing March 31st. Check it out! Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Angle Clutch in Rose.
Nancybird is absolutely one of Melbourne’s most loved independent brands. Although the styles and fabrics used in Nancybird bags and accessories change each season, they’re so recognisable, you can spot a Nancybird bag a mile off. The bags and purses are made to last (yay!) and I only ever hear the loveliest things about Nancybird’s creator, Emily. You can read an interview with Emily over on The Design Files. The bags and purses are stitched by workers who’re paid fairly (excellent!) and they try and act environmentally responsibly.
PLUS Nancybird bags and purses are just so very beautiful!!!
1. Scarf Bag in Chocolate. Love the watercolour print, and this bag is so versatile and roomy!
2. Pearl Wallet in Black. I have a Pearl Wallet from a previous season, and it’s really the perfect size for me. Two zip pouches, lots of card slots, one section for notes and one for receipts – love it.
3. Poppy Clutch in Crosshatch. This one is just so pretty.
Hope you enjoy the new collection as much as me!