I tend to think it’s easier to buy ethically for babies and kids than for adults, mainly because there are just so many organic kids brands around, and the price per item can often be a lot more comparable to other brands. So, lucky babies! Organic is often said to be better for babies skin, which might be true, however it’s also better for our earth. Organic & fair trade products mean in general the workers have better conditions, and of course handmade is amazing too as we can support local artists and designers! Here are some of my favourite baby pieces.
3. Long Sleeve Bodysuit in Atlas Print by Nature Baby. This New Zealand based company have a massive range and have been making organic baby clothing for 15 years – I think their newest range of prints are just fantastic.
4. Organic Penguin Bib by Down Home Amy. Handmade, hand printed, organic and adorable.
5. Handmade Unisex Cotton Spot Sweater by Fable Baby. You may have seen Fable around the design market scene – their baby clothes are so gorgeous you’ll want a grown up version of everything, plus it’s all handmade in Australia and mostly organic.
7. Green Splotch Bodysuit by Baobab. These guys have some of the most timeless but still on-trend baby and kids styles around, with some great organic unisex clothing for bubs that’s not just lemon yellow!
8. Lap Tee – Construction Red by Winter Water Factory. My only problem with Winter Water Factory is that their baby prints are so amazing the clothes always sell out far too quick. Seriously, go check out the baby romper section and be amazed. Organic and made in the USA.
Let me know if I’ve missed your favourite ethically made baby brand? Penny