A look at the weather forecast for Melbourne, and most of the Southern Hemisphere, shows that we’re definitely (finally) transitioning straight into winter. There’s lots to love about winter, hot chocolate next to the heater, mulled wine, not getting public transport on 40 degree days. One of the things I don’t love is feeling chilled to the bone, so I do appreciate my bath tub in winter.
When you’re hanging out in the bath water for awhile it’s nice to get products that are good for your skin – sitting in the tub means products have more time to soak into your skin. Choose wisely! Plus we should always look for products that aren’t animal tested, and we should be concerned about not pouring harmful chemicals down the drain. So have fun in the bath!
1. Jasmine Orange Bubble Bath by Holly Beth Organics – bubble bath is the best. Bubbles are fun to play with, the gentle sounds of them slowly popping is so relaxing, and taking a bubble bath is like being a kid again.
2. Apple & Green Tea Bath Salts by Mozi – bath salts are usually pretty great for soothing tired muscles and softening skin. The ones from Mozi are just so beautifully packaged too!
3. Rockpool Bathing Whip by Vice and Velvet – whipped soap is so lovely and luxurious to use, and all their products are SLS free. Enjoy!
4. Blackberry Bath Bomb by Lush – bath bombs are baking soda based, so like bath salts they are great for softening skin. Plus, Lush’s ‘solid’ products are packaged only in paper bags – so eco!
5. Organic Cotton Bath Mitt at Biome – because if you’re going to have a bath mitt, why not have a bird shaped one?
6. Nocturnalia Owl Soap in Cherry Blossom by Seventh Tree Soaps – I love cold process soaps because they’re good for my skin and it’s a great soap making method – there are heaps of small businesses around making cold process soap so when you buy one at a craft market or an independent retailer you’re usually supporting local business, fantastic!